Joy in the Kitchen Featured Recipes
Apple Cinnamon Muffins
1 1/1 cup chopped/peeled apples
1/4 cup dark brown suggar
1/4 tsp. cinnamon, and a pinch of nutmeg and clove
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
4 oz. cream cheese
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup grandulated sugar
1/4 tsp. cinnamon, pinch of salt
3 tbsp. solid butter, room temp
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Cream muffin batter, oil, sugars, cream cheese. Gradually add dry ingredients into wet batter alternating with buttermilk until mixture is combined set aside.
3. Prepare apples mixing sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove in a bowl. Fold into mixed batter. And fill cups 1/2 full of batter.
4. Prepare crumb topping by mixing all ingredients together. Mix softened butter mixing with fork until crumbly. Top batter with crumb mixture.
5.Sprinkle crumbled topping on to the batter and bake 20-24 minutes.
6. Finish with a light glaze (optional)
Valentine's Day Sangria
1 Green apple chopped
2 Blood oranges (juiced)
1 Bottle Rose Wine
1/3 cup Rum (white)
Chill and add 7up or Sprite before serving
Garnish with sliced strawberries
1 box vanilla cake mix
1 1/4 cups champagne, divided
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
2 teaspoon s orange zest
1 cup (2 sticks butter) softened
4 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
Gold sanding sugar
Orange wedges for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Combine cake mix with 1 cup of champagne, vegetable oil, eggs and 1 teaspoon orange zest. Bake according to package directions. Let cool completely before frosting.
Meanwhile, make Champagne Frosting-
using a hand mixer beat butter until light and fluffy. Add 3 cups powdered sugar and beat until no lumps remain. Add remaining 1/4 cup champagne, vanilla, remaining orange zest, pinch of salt and beat until combined. Add remaining 1 cup powdered sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
Frost cooled cupcakes , garnish with gold sanding sugar and orange wedges.